San Diego: This Weekend (July 11-14)
Top events around San Diego this weekend include Drag Me to the Del, Jeff Dye, Deorro, CountryFest, San Diego Pride, and Out in Little Italy.
7.11: Dude Perfect
The Texas-based sports entertainment group from YouTube fame brings their athletic antics to town as part of their Pound It Noggin Tour.
Viejas Arena at Aztec Bowl, San Diego State University,
7.11: Drag Me to the Del
Willam, Lady Bunny and numerous other notable drag performers strut their stuff during this evening of unforgettable entertainment at San Diego’s most celebrated hotel.
Hotel Del Coronado, Coronado,
7.11-13: Jeff Dye
“I found out that I had dyslexia back in 2031.” — Jeff Dye at the Laugh Factory
@ American Comedy Co.,
7.12: Daniel Sloss
“I have the sniffles. I don’t really mind the sniffles because it means I get to sneeze, and I love sneezing. It’s my favorite thing. People say sneezing is a quarter of an orgasm. I’m gonna say it’s a full one. I enjoy them that much. Very similar to an orgasm in that you need tissues afterwards and you shouldn’t do it in a stranger’s face. It’s very important to remember the differences, guys.” — Daniel Sloss on CONAN
@ Balboa Theatre,
This dude was just here in April at the exact same venue. But that shouldn’t matter because Deorro, aka L.A.-based DJ Erick Orrosquieta, can crank out singles with the best of ‘em. Orrosquieta already has released a handful in 2019 -- February’s Wild Like The Wind (as well as an accompanying remix), March’s Pica with Henry Fong and Elvis Crespo, Keep It Goin with Danny Avila in April, and most recently, Obvious, in May.
7.12: Garden Party: Tequila
Learn everything there is to know about tequila at this alfresco tasting event that includes Baja-inspired cuisine, live mariachi music, and hand-selected casks of reposado from the legendary Casa Herradura.
Estancia Hotel & Spa, La Jolla,
7.12-14: San Diego Pride
The city’s largest Pride celebration spans three days and includes an assortment of activities and entertainers, including the following events.
Balboa Park, Hillcrest and surrounding area,
- 7.12: The Spirit of Stonewall Rally: Kick off Pride weekend by tuning in to talks from inspiring speakers and recognizing local LGBTQ leaders who continue to unite our city’s diverse communities. @ the Hillcrest Pride Flag
- 7.12-14: Unite Music Festival: This all-inclusive nightlife experience brings together folks from all walks of life through laughter, dance and live music. @ Spin Nightclub in Mission Hills
- 7.13: Pride on the Pier: Party on the Pacific Ocean while surrounded by stunning views of the Bay and the San Diego skyline at this bash featuring full bars and more outdoor space than previous years’ events. @ B Street Pier
- 7.13: Pride 5K Run: Suit up in your rainbow regalia for this fast, flat 5K that follows the same route as the parade it precedes. @ University Avenue at Centre Street
- 7.13: Pride Parade: Join more than 250,000 cheerful attendees at this year’s 1.5-mile parade celebrating the 50th anniversary of the Stonewall uprising and starting on University Avenue near Normal Street. @ the Hillcrest Pride Flag
- 7.13-14: The Festival: Celebrating diversity and inclusion through cultural presentations and exhibits, this summertime bash returns to the west side of Balboa Park with merchant booths, community resources, and four stages of live entertainment, including headliner Melissa Etheridge. @ Marston Point in Balboa Park
7.12-14: Greg Fitzsimmons
“Debt means you had more fun than you were supposed to.” — Greg Fitzsimmons on Just for Laughs
@ The Comedy Store,
7.13: Vigilucci’s Beach Bocce World Championship XXXIX
Scores of teams compete to “kiss” balls as one of San Diego’s most reputable restaurant groups hosts its annual lawn bowling tournament benefiting the Boys & Girls Clubs of Carlsbad.
Dog Beach, Del Mar,
7.13: Sun and Sea Festival
Following an “Under the Sea” theme, IB’s annual beach bash boasts a pancake breakfast, a community parade and world-class sandcastle sculptors amid live music, a farmers market and oodles of activities for young’uns.
Portwood Pier Plaza, Imperial Beach,
Southern rockers including Randy Houser, Rodney Atkins and Uncle Kracker among others perform their top tunes for aficionados of country music.
Del Mar Fairgrounds, Del Mar,
7.13-14: Reptile Super Show & Breeders Expo
Thousands of reptiles, amphibians other creepy-crawlies converge at the Civic Center for this epic pet sale that promotes conservation through educational workshops and captive breeding.
San Diego Concourse / Civic Center, downtown,
7.13, 14: 66th annual Over-the-Line World Championship Tournament
Three-player teams with off-color names duke it out to see who can bat balls the farthest as Mission Bay’s long-running BYOB bonanza returns to Fiesta Island.
Fiesta Island, Mission Bay,
7.14: Out in Little Italy: Pride Brunch
Brunch the morning away al fresco while enjoying bottomless mimosas and food offerings from the Little Italy Food Hall. Bonus: Tickets include a one-way shuttle to the Pride Festival in Balboa Park.
Piazza della Famiglia, Little Italy,
7.14: Women’s Rugby Super Series
The world’s top five women’s rugby clubs square off during two weeks of this round-robin competition in which each team is allowed to have 15 players on the field.
Chula Vista Elite Athlete Training Center and Torero Stadium, University of San Diego,
Sign up for the Pacific Insider newsletter
PACIFIC magazine delivers the latest restaurant and bar openings, festivals and top concerts, every Tuesday.
You may occasionally receive promotional content from the Pacific San Diego.