If there’s one thing Comic-Con has plenty of, besides stormtroopers, Disney princesses and assorted Ghostbusters, it’s photo opportunities.
At a time when the selfie is king, cellphone-wielding convention-goers have many backgrounds to choose from inside the exhibit hall. And if you ask nicely, maybe someone will snap the picture for you.
Here are some of our favorite spots:
1. AMC’s The Walking Dead booth: Put on your best feigned look of terror while walkers (read: zombies) pretend to chomp at your extremities.
2. Star Wars display area: Get your photo taken while standing in from of a speeder just like the one he hat acted Rey piloted in Star Wars Episode VII. It was constructed in Belgium by Stefan Cembolista and a team of builders who have made Star Wars props for conventions over the past 15 years. His 18-year-old daughter, Melissa, makes a convincing Rey.
3. The Cartoon Network booth: Featuring the new show, We Bare Bears. Stick your head in a hole (no, really!) and your photo will be snapped with images from the cartoon.
4. My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: Not just for bronies! Snap a pic while standing inside a bucket with pony Pinky Pie, dressed in a chicken costume from the “Luna Eclipsed” episode, on a wall display behind you. Fans of the show will probably recognize the reference.
5. Disney display area: If your little one is spooked by zombies, take him or her to the Disney booth where he or she can pose in front of kid-sized displays featuring Aladdin and Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas.