Top authors to see at Comic-Con
- “Hey, You Got Science in My Fiction”: The craft behind believable sci-fi, with authors Andy Weir (“The Martian”), J. Patrick Black (“Ninth City Burning”), Blake Crouch (“Wayward Pines”), Christopher Farnsworth (“Killfile”), Patrick Hemstreet (“God Wave”), and Leah Thomas (“Because You’ll Never Meet Me”). 1 p.m. Thursday, Room 32AB.
- “The Female Geek: Women as Fans and Creators”: Authors Leigh Bardugo (The Grisha Trilogy), Sabaa Tahir (“A Torch Against the Night”), Kiersten White (“And I Darken”), Sarah Kuhn (“Heroine Complex”), Kathleen Smith (“The Fangirl Life”), and Margaret Stohl (“Black Widow: Forever Red”) talk feminism and fandom. Noon Saturday, Room 7AB.
- “Ben Hatke in Conversation with Patrick Rothfuss”: Best-selling authors Hatke (“Mighty Jack”) and Rothfuss (“The Name of the Wind”) will share tips about storytelling and the “creative lifestyle.” 11 a.m. Friday, Room 4.
- “The Smitten Word: Romancing the Reader”: Monster-selling author Sylvia Day (“Crossfire”) joins writers Christina Lauren (“Beautiful” series), Nalini Singh (“Psy-Changelings”), Chloe Neil (“Chicagoland Vampires”) and Tessa Dare (“Castles Ever After”) for a conversation about their frequently maligned and misunderstood genre. Noon Thursday, Horton Grand Theatre, 444 Fourth Ave.
- “It’s the End of the ... YA Series”: How do you know when to stop? That’s what Young Adult novelists Alexandra Bracken (“Darkest Minds”), Marissa Meyer (“Lunar Chronicles”) and Mary E. Pearson (“Jenna Fox Chronicles”) will get into. 2 p.m. Friday, Room 29AB.
Sign up for the Pacific Insider newsletter
PACIFIC magazine delivers the latest restaurant and bar openings, festivals and top concerts, every Tuesday.
You may occasionally receive promotional content from the Pacific San Diego.