Highlights for kids at Comic-Con 2016
While Comic-Con has taken on a decidedly grown-up feel over the past decade, there’s no shortage of kid-friendly fare throughout the four-day event. Here, in date order, are picks for some of the highlights.
- ” Moana : Art of Story”: Walt Disney Animation Studios directors and artists are set to deliver a behind-the-scenes look at the new CG-animated feature film “Moana,” the story of an adventurous teen determined to save her people. 12:30 p.m. Thursday, Room 6A
- “Cartoon Art Museum Family Drawing”: Get to the heart of Comic-Con by creating some art. San Francisco-based Cartoon Art Museum presents this workshop where parents and children will learn to draw cartoons together with the museum’s comics pro/teacher Matt Harding. Bonus: Sakura of America and Strathmore paper provide art supplies to take home. 5:30 p.m. Thursday, Room 2
- “Disney XD’s ‘Penn Zero: Part-Time Hero’ and ‘The 7D’ ”: Creators of the shows - one follows a part-time superhero, the other re-imagines the Seven Dwarfs - Sam Levine (Penn Zero), and Tom Warburton and Tom Ruegger (The 7D) will share exclusive clips, plus bonus sneak peeks of new animated shows. 2:30 p.m. Friday, Room 5AB
- “Double Dare” live stream: Nickelodeon celebrates the 30th anniversary of “Double Dare” with a live edition of the beloved slime game show, including original host Marc Summers, streamed on the network’s The Splat Facebook page. 9:30 p.m. Friday, Facebook; signings and photo opportunity with the Double Dare Nose at Nickelodeon booth 4113. The slime party continues on TV with Double Dare Week on TeenNick starting at 10 p.m. Monday.
- “World Premiere of DC Super Hero Girls: Hero of the Year”: In an exclusive Comic-Con presentation, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment is screening the world premiere of “DC Super Hero Girls: Hero of the Year,” an animated feature-length movie followed by a discussion with voice cast members and filmmakers. Bonus: All attendees will receive a DC Super Hero Girls gift. 10 a.m. Sunday, Room 6BCF
Sign up for the Pacific Insider newsletter
PACIFIC magazine delivers the latest restaurant and bar openings, festivals and top concerts, every Tuesday.
You may occasionally receive promotional content from the Pacific San Diego.