Food Truck Friday parks in Balboa
Summer is fast approaching. May gray and June gloom are slowly making their way out of the scene, leaving sunny nights and plenty of events to enjoy. Balboa Park is taking advantage of the warm season with the Balboa Park Summer.
Every day there are different events going on around the 1,200 acre park, but Fridays are when the park boasts numerous activities.
Every Friday through Sept. 28, El Prado walkway and Plaza de Panama will be riddled with food trucks. From 4-8:30 p.m. guests can choose from a rotating selection of food trucks while listening to live music, playing interactive games and exploring the museums with extended hours.
The lineup for food trucks will be released weekly, but here’s a sampling from the June 8 lineup.
Cousins Maine Lobster
Devil Dogs BBQ
Marcel Belgium Waffles
New Orleans Cuisine & Catering
Tacos y Mariscos El Jefe
For more info on Food Truck Fridays, go here.
Other Friday Night Alive events
On Fridays (and some other days) during the summer, several museums will extend their hours to accomodate the late night crowds.
- Japanese Friendship Garden (10 a.m. to 7 p.m., daily)
- theNAT (10 a.m.o to 8 p.m. with 1/2-price admission after 5 p.m., plus rooftop bar access)
- Fleet Science Center (10 a.m. to 8 p.m.)
- San Diego History Center (10 a.m. to 7 p.m.)
- The San Diego Museum of Art (10 a.m. to 8 p.m., $5 after 5 p.m., and students are free)
- San Diego Museum of Man (10 a.m. to 7 p.m.)
- Spanish Village Art Center — Make art with the artists (10 a.m. to 8 p.m.)
- San Diego Art Institute (10 a.m. to 8:30 p.m., June 22 only)
For more information on Balboa Park Summer, go here.
Throughout Balboa Park, balboapark.org
Sign up for the Pacific Insider newsletter
PACIFIC magazine delivers the latest restaurant and bar openings, festivals and top concerts, every Tuesday.
You may occasionally receive promotional content from the Pacific San Diego.