Comic-Con 2016: Top TV picks
- “Silicon Valley” : Why play “Pokemon Go” when you can track the glorious nerd creatures inhabiting the tech start-up jungle? Celebrate the deadpan HBO comedy with co-creator (and UC San Diego grad) Mike Judge, Thomas Middleditch (Richard), Zach Woods (Jared) and the rest of the awkward gang. 4 p.m. Thursday, Indigo Ballroom, Hilton San Diego Bayfront.
- “The Rocky Horror Picture Show”: What better way to celebrate turning 40 than with a fabulous makeover? Catch a sneak peak of this fall’s Fox TV reboot and a panel with Victoria Justice (Janet), Ryan McCartan (Brad) and Laverne Cox, the Dr. Frank-N-Furter of our fever dreams. 8:15 p.m. Thursday, Room 6DE.
- “Steven Universe”: A gift from the cult gods, it’s the first live performance of music from this delightful Cartoon Network series, along with episode previews and a Q&A featuring creator Rebecca Sugar and the priceless cast. 10:15 a.m. Friday, Indigo Ballroom, Hilton San Diego Bayfront.
- “Bones”: Bid a fond fan farewell to Brennan and Booth with the final Q&A starring the sparky Emily Deschanel, the snarky David Boreanaz and the gang. And remember, body bags make terrific hankies. 11:15 a.m. Friday, Ballroom 20.
- “Riverdale”: Nostalgia takes a walk on the dark side in this fall’s new CW take on the modern-day adventures of Archie, Jughead, Betty and Veronica. After a screening of the pilot episode, executive producer Greg Berlanti (“The Flash,” “Supergirl”) and the cast will explain it all. 6:30 p.m. Saturday, Room 6BCF.
Sign up for the Pacific Insider newsletter
PACIFIC magazine delivers the latest restaurant and bar openings, festivals and top concerts, every Tuesday.
You may occasionally receive promotional content from the Pacific San Diego.