- Eisner Awards: The 2015 Eisner Awards gala has some Hollywood glitz - Showtime sponsors, while actors ( Edward James Olmos , Katrina Law) and singers (Ne-Yo) are among the presenters. The real stars, though, are the creators of the year’s best comics. 8 p.m. Friday, Indigo Ballroom.
- “The Art of Comic-Con”: From Jim Lee to Babs Tarr, 60 artists are showcased in “The Art of Comic-Con” at the Central Library’s ninth-floor gallery. 2-7 p.m. today; noon to 5 p.m. Friday; noon to 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday,330 Park Blvd.
- “Teen Angst in Comics”: This is an unmissable panel because (a) Raina Telgemeier (“Smile,” “Sisters”) spins this straw into best-seller gold, and (b) moderator Michael Cavna - The Washington Post’s “Comic Riffs” columnist and a Union-Tribune alum - is an adolescent at heart. 5:30 p.m. today, Room 8.
- “March: Book Three”: Preview “March: Book Three,” the latest volume of an epic graphic novel about the civil rights movement, with author, Freedom Rider and U.S. Rep. John Lewis. 10 a.m. Saturday, Room 23ABC.
- Stan Lee: At 92, Marvel’s Stan Lee is almost as famous as the characters he co-created: Spider-Man, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor and much, much more. As Stan the Man says, “Excelsior!” 1:45 p.m. Saturday, Room 6A.