Master brewer Lee Chase talks beer, brewery consulting, launching three successful brewpubs around San Diego and life as a vegan.
Master Brewer Lee Chase was just employee No. 4 at Stone Brewing and since then has gone on to open, with his partners, Blind Lady Ale House, Tiger! Tiger!, Panama 66 and Automatic Brewing.
On this episode of Kiss My Glass, Chase talks beer, brewery consulting, launching three successful brewpubs around San Diego, life as a vegan and more topics, including:
- Lee’s brew history
- Being the first hired brewer at Stone Brewing, employee No. 4
- Brewery innovation at Lost Abbey/Port Brewing
- Looking back on the world of beer consulting
- Reasons behind being vegan
- Renovations to Blind Lady Ale House building — don’t let the scaffolding fool you
- Creating the first San Diego Beer Week at a table inside Blind Lady Ale House
- Developing Tiger!Tiger! in a somewhat seedy area
- Today’s great offerings on El Cajon Boulevard near 30th Street
- Submitting a proposal to become part of Balboa Park’s food service
- Making Panama 66 a place for tourists, but more importantly a destination for locals to seek out
- Supporting the community
- Where Lee eats and drinks around San Diego
- Upcoming events
Kiss My Glass is a collaboration between PACIFIC and Facebook group Eating and Drinking in San Diego.
Listen and subscribe to Kiss My Glass and sister podcast Dish It Up wherever you listen to podcasts, including iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher and Soundcloud.
Blind Lady Ale House