Jill Davison got her start in beer when she was just 18 through a job at Iron Hill Brewing & Restaurant in Newark, Delaware. There was no going back after that and her long standing relationship with all things brews brought her here to San Diego.
When she’s not trying the plentiful supply of collaborative beers San Diego has to offer, she’s serving as the president emeritus (“which is a fancy way of saying the former president”) for the San Diego Brewers Guild and the senior sales and brand development manager for Pizza Port.
Her love of beer and the community around it moved her to participate in collaborative spaces like Pink Boots Society and and pursue a leadership position within the San Diego Brewers Guild.
In this episode of Kiss My Glass, host Edwin Real of Facebook group Eating and Drinking In San Diego tastes samples of Pizza Port’s beer with Davidson and the pair talks about:
- Davidson’s current leadership term in the San Diego Brewers Guild
- The growth of the beer industry in San Diego
- Concurrent roles with the Guild and Pizza Port
- The difference between independent and non-independent breweries
- The Guild’s Brewing Industry Professional program
- Camaraderie in the beer community
- Working with the Baja Brewers Guild and Mexicali Brewers Guild
- How the collaborative spirit of beer is helping elevate the food scene
- Pizza Port’s history and accolades
- Pink Boots Brew Day and their collaborative beer, Becky with the Good Hair
- How to keep up with the Brewers Guild and Pizza Port and their future events
Kiss My Glass is a collaboration between PACIFIC and Facebook group Eating and Drinking in San Diego.
Listen and subscribe to Kiss My Glass and sister podcast Dish It Up wherever you listen to podcasts, including iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher and Soundcloud.
San Diego Brewers Guild