Dish It Up: Every day is not the same
The flavors at Nomad Donuts are endless with unusual mixes such as strawberry basil, vegan honeydew mint and mango tamarind chili from chef Kristianna Zabala.
In fall of 2017, the popular North Park, San Diego shop Nomad Donuts opened a new, much larger main kitchen and retail locations allowing them to add wood-fired bagels to the mix along with an ever changing rotation of exotic-flavored donuts.
In this episode of Dish It Up, host Edwin Real of Facebook group Eating and Drinking In San Diego talked to Zabala about:
- What’s new with the original Nomad Donut space
- Zabala’s journey into the kitchen
- The pressure of working in a restaurant that has a Michelin star
- Beer and donut pairings
- The process of coming up with donut and bagel recipes
- The collaborative San Diego food and beverage community
- The perfect accompaniment for donuts
- Difficulties being in the food industry
- The daily battle of consistency
- Are there donut/cannabis edibles in the future?
Dish It Up is a collaboration between PACIFIC and Facebook group Eating and Drinking In San Diego.
Nomad Donuts: 3102 University Ave., North Park, 619.431.5000, nomaddonuts.com
Coffee by Nomad Donuts: 4504 30th St., North Park, 619.550.5929
Sign up for the Pacific Insider newsletter
PACIFIC magazine delivers the latest restaurant and bar openings, festivals and top concerts, every Tuesday.
You may occasionally receive promotional content from the Pacific San Diego.