Vivian Hernandez-Jackson, owner of Azúcar in Ocean Beach, talks about the the possibility of a cookbook and spoiling your loved one on Valentine’s Day.
Vivian Hernandez-Jackson, owner of Azúcar located on Newport Avenue in Ocean Beach, combines her classical French training with her Cuban roots at the 10-year-old shop that carries unique desserts and pastries.
Over cups of coffee and aromatic sweet and savory pastries, Vivian talks to host Edwin Real about Cuban culture, big bakery holidays, what excites her about Ocean Beach and why she could never be a vegan.
Also featured in this podcast will be:
- Celebrating Azucar’s 10 year anniversary in July
- What excites Vivian about Ocean Beach
- Cuban culture
- Expansion plans
- Where Vivian likes to dine
- Big bakery holidays
- Is a cookbook in the future?
- A dream tap system at home
- Where a pastry chef eats sweets
- Could you go vegan?
- Spoiling your loved one on Valentine’s Day
- Giving back to Rady Children’s Hospital and gaining a new perspective on life
- Spotting trends in customer feedback
Dish It Up is a collaboration between PACIFIC and Facebook group Eating and Drinking In San Diego.
Azucar: 4820 Newport Ave., Ocean Beach
Social media: @iloveazucar