A little sweet and a little Sauer — that appropriately describes corporate pastry chef Lori Sauer.
As the corporate pastry chef for Blue Bridge Hospitality, Sauer is responsible for baking up thousands of sweet treats for the company’s portfolio of restaurants and she does it all from a single-oven kitchen at Crafted Baked Goods.
This year, PACIFIC tapped the sweet bad ass to kick of the magazine’s annual Chain of Gourmand. Along with the November release of the feature, she stopped by our studios to record a new episode of Dish It Up.
The full podcast can be found below or on any preferred podcast platform. Here’s a peek at just a few of the topics Sauer dished about:
- The Blue Bridge Hospitality portfolio
- Growth at Liberty Public Market
- Getting out to eat, rather than cooking more at home
- What it’s like baking for Coronado crowd
- 11-year career path in San Diego
- Recent travels
- New seasonal items on menus
- R&D, retail and commissary all in one spot
- Lori’s favorite plate from PACIFIC’s Chain of Gourmand
- Tips for spotting store-bought desserts on a menu
- Holiday treats to expect at Crafted Baked Goods
- What to eat around Liberty Public Market
- Life outside of the kitchen
- Desserts that are reflective of Lori’s personality
- Sending protoges into the world and watching them grow
Dish It Up is a collaboration between PACIFIC and Facebook group Eating and Drinking In San Diego.
Listen and subscribe to Dish It Up and sister podcast Kiss My Glass on Apple iTunes, Google Play and Soundcloud. And, if there’s something you want to hear about in an upcoming podcast, whether it be a food-related topic or specific guest, please feel free to let us know at email@example.com.