Just in time for San Diego's notorious summer season, Grant Grill's Chef de Bar, Cory Alberto has launched his newest seasonal cocktail menu curated with nautical intention. The menu spins off of traditional maritime tales, and includes distinctive coastal-inspired flavors and ingredients. Where better to enjoy cocktails like the new Star of India, infused with Old Harbor Navy Strength, than in the heart of San Diego, one of the largest port cities and Naval bases?
- East Indie Fizz: Carta Blanca Rum, coconut, micro cilantro, pistachio and lime - a twist on Puerto Rico's famed Pina Colada! ($12)
- Green-Go de Escondido: Mezcal, Maraschino Liquor, Tajin, fresh cucumber, serrano juice and lemon - named after the port of Escondido in Oaxaca, Mexico, where most mezcal hails from. ($12)
- S.S. Monte Carlo: Henebery, Port, Dry Vermouth, Crème Yvette, Coriander Blossom, mascarpone cheese and blueberry - its name is inspired by "Sin Ship" and its sinfully delicious flavors, also featuring one of San Diego's first distilled spirits since prohibition. ($12)
- The Star of India: Old Harbor Navy Strength, Gin, Aloe Liquor, Yellow Chartreuse, Glogg and House-Made Buddha's Hand Bitters - named after the Star of India Maritime Museum in San Diego. ($12)
- Blackbeard's Delight: Mt. Gay Black Barrel, Cynar, splash of Ginger Beer, Mint Crown, mint, lime and blackberry, all mixed with crushed ice. ($12)
- Abandon Ship!: Grilled pineapple atop mixed Tequila, Amaretto, Fernet, Kaffir Lime and Sea Salt Smoked Ice - inspired by the smoke of a sinking ship. ($12)
- Admiral Vernon Grog: The bartender's choice option - without the salt water! ($12)