With American Craft Beer Week (May 16-22) quickly approaching, you’ll want to find a great spot to enjoy amazing San Diego brews and views! Pacific Beach AleHouse’s hand-crafted beer menu and views of the ocean embodies everything Pacific Beach, and you’re sure to find something to fulfill your craft brew cravings
Behind every great beer is a great brewer, and native San Diegan Jonathon Rielly knows how to embody the San Diego beach community in a sip. Growing up in Oceanside, his love of water started at an early age - foreshadowing his wet career in beer (as the process of brewing uses 95% water). Jonathan has won awards for his Red Ale and is accredited for Best Brewery two years in a row through the Vista Chamber of Commerce People’s Choice Awards. Now that’s a true beer connoisseur!
His brews are as original as the San Diego staples they’re named after:
- Slomo Saison - made for the carefree beach-goer, this beer has deep traditional Belgian roots with a modern session influence
- Soledad Stout - The Dry English Stout boasts powerful roasted barely and chocolate malt flavor and aroma while imparting a dry, clean finish on the palate. Great for Beer Floats!
- Rockfish Red Ale - An Irish Red Ale brewed with a focus on tradition and grain grown in Ireland. This medium malt body and dark ruby ale is smooth and balanced with a toffee aroma.
- Kate Sessions IPA - An easy easy drinking session IPA with bright orange hue and pronounced citrus hop notes. A prime ale for beer snobs, hop heads and those who just love a good beer.
- Law Street Lager - Light, crisp body with a clean finish. This session beer has a light Pilsen Malt body and is refreshing all the way to the last drop.
All of these beers are brewed in-house and the process can be watched within the restaurant. Visit and try these hoppy masterpieces yourself and see why one of San Diego’s smallest, local breweries is big (and growing!) with taste.