Leonard Nimoy, the actor best known for portraying the character Spock in Star Trek, has died at the age of 83, The New York Times reported.
His son, Adam, said he died of end-stage chronic obstructive pulmonary disease on Friday morning.
Nimoy had a long career as both an actor and director.
However he was best known for his portrayal of the half-human, half-Vulcan character in both the TV franchise and series of films.
10 Best Mr. Spock quotes
- Live Long and Prosper
- Where there is no emotion, there is no motive for violence.
- Computers make excellent and efficient servants, but I have no wish to serve under them.
- Change is the essential process of all existence.
- Insufficient facts always invite danger.
- It is curious how often you humans manage to obtain that which you do not want.
- Once you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
- The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
- The purpose is to experience fear, fear in the face of certain death, to accept that fear, and maintain control of oneself.