It may not be June yet, but summer is ahead of schedule in San Diego thanks to Tillamook.
Products from the Oregon-based dairy company are stocked in many grocery stores in the region. But this month Tillamook will travel down the west coast to serve up some free treats in San Diego, street side and retro style.
The upcoming Summer Scoop Series — happening May 18-29 — offers complimentary four scoop ice cream flights at beloved local hang-outs. Serving the sweets out of retrofitted Volkswagen buses and colorful ice cream carts, Tillamook seeks to send San Diegans down memory lane and reminisce about chasing after ice cream trucks as kids.
During the series, the buses and carts will make 13 stops throughout the county including breweries, distilleries, restaurants and stores. Here are a few locations and dates to pair with previous plans and fit any schedule this May.
- Thorn Brewing: May 17, 3-7 p.m., 3176 Thorn St., North Park
- You & Yours Distilling: May 19, noon to 3 p.m., 495 G St., Gaslamp
- Donut Bar: May 18, noon to 4 p.m., 631 B St., downtown
- Windmill Food Hall: May 25, noon to 4 p.m., 12860 El Camino Real, Carmel Valley
- Pigment: May 23, 3-7:30 p.m., Pigment, 3801 30th St., North Park
- Norden Goods: May 24, 3-6 p.m., 1053 South Coast Hwy 101, Encinitas
The flights will feature four flavors: Tillamook’s Old-Fashioned Vanilla, Oregon Strawberry and Tillamook Mudslide, as well as a rotating seasonal flavor. In addition to ice cream flights, You & Yours Distilling will serve up an ice cream cocktail, Tart Strawberry Fizz, for $12.
Tillamook will also swing by upcoming community events such as the fifth annual Cabrillo Under The Stars in Point Loma on May 18 and Ramona American Graffiti Cruise on May 23.
Plus, the fun returns in the (actual) summertime for the Imperial Beach Sun & Sea Festival in July and the Gaslamp Artisan Market in September.
Find all the Summer Scoop Series stops online at tillamook.com/events.