Sunday’s KEX Fest a not-to-be-missed gastro bash
Break out the knives, and maybe even a machete.
Among the gustatory goings-on at Kettner Exchange’s second annual KEX Fest Sunday will be a head-to-tail carving up of a massive whole fish and an interactive agave plant breakdown.
Knife skills aside, the talent pool at Little Italy’s Kettner Exchange runs deep and what better way to showcase it than by throwing a party?
Day drinking and eating will be on the agenda as the Kettner crew serves up the elevated food and beverages its become known for.
Among the KEX Fest features will be:
- Dishes from Brian Redzikowski, Kettner Exhange’s talented and innovative executive chef;
- Crafy cocktails from beverage director Steven Tuttle;
- Specialty bars pouring signature cocktail tastings, hosted by The Grass Skirt & St. Germain;
- An oyster bar, with both East and West coast bivalves;
- Barbecued meats and veggies right from the grill;
- Custom ceviche station paired with wines from Valle de Guadalupe’s stellar Lomita winery;
- A pop-up Bao St. Bun shop — a nod to Redzikowski’s affinity for Asian cuisine;
- The highlight of a rooftop agave bar will be a Kettner signature Xicaru barrel mezcal tasting. It’s a chance to taste it before it goes into the bottle;
- The whole fish breakdown by chef de cuisine Nick deVries will be followed by an artful preparation of it. It doesn’t get much fresher than that;
- Get to the root of mezcal’s deliciousness with that interactive agave plant breakdown;
- Doughnut treats, of course, from Kettner’s heavenly little sister, Devil’s Dozen;
- And because it wouldn’t be a party without bubbles, there will be a Champagne lounge with Gerard Bertrand Brut Rosé.
When: 1-6 p.m. Sunday
Where: 2001 Kettner Blvd., Little Italy
Tickets: $55-$90 (VIP, with early entry at 1 pm; VIP experience includes open bar, unlimited oysters and a swag bag); click here for tickets.
Phone: (619) 255-2001
Sign up for the Pacific Insider newsletter
PACIFIC magazine delivers the latest restaurant and bar openings, festivals and top concerts, every Tuesday.
You may occasionally receive promotional content from the Pacific San Diego.