The annual hog-lovers fest, Heavenly Hog Pig Out, is back and meatier than ever, taking over Blush Ice Bar + East-West Kitchen on Oct. 12 from 6 to 11 p.m. As if you need convincing to go to such an epic event, we have the top 10 reasons that you'd be a fool to miss it.
- First off, there will be 10 amazing chefs cookin' up a storm at this year's pig-out, including RoseAna Peyron, Daniel Barron, Karen Blair, Mikel Anthony, Karl Prohaska, Hanis Cavin, Rich Sweeney Chad White, Jeff Bonilla and Amy Cisneros. Each chef comes from spots like Small Bar, Tornado, High Dive and Carnitas Snack Shack.
- There will be bacon.
- Each dish is prepped and prepared to eat on-site. This means that each chef's raw cooking talents will be on display and thus, the grub will be damn good and fresh.
- Tickets are limited, so it will be a semi-private style pig-out. You truly get to taste these decadent dishes and not have to worry about being surrounded by crowds at some out-door BBQ cookout. This is the real deal.
- There are 10 courses to try at this event, each showcasing how the chefs can work with different parts of the animal to make their own swine-centered creation. For example, the eighth course of the evening is focused on the ribs. The anticipated meal will be a wood-fired "rib-steak" with homemade miso and granulated smoked rib bone.
- Each option will be perfectly paired with a delicious booze-filled concoction. Many of the featured chefs work at popular bars and pubs in San Diego, so it should be a spot-on combination of flavors.
- The chefs featured were not just random cooks around town. These artists truly enjoy creating specialty, hand-crafted grub using pork, and we expect that to translate into the food.
- One ticket is $130 and covers the entirety of everything at the fest. Yes, all 10 courses and 10 drink pairings are included in this deal. DO come very hungry and thirsty, folks.
- Blush Ice Bar + East-West Kitchen is hosting the event downtown, so you know it will be legit. The new venue has plenty of seating in their bar area or in the formal area containing many booths, as well as low and high-top tables. The ambiance is a rad, old-meets-new style décor with plenty of artisanal details. It's perfect for an event of this magnitude.
- Contrary to popular belief, and to number two on this list, there is more to life than bacon. The best part of this event is the chance to try one of America's favorite meats, cooked in a multitude of unique ways that may change your favorite meat dish forever!
To purchase tickets or to learn more about Heavenly Hog Fall Pig Out, visit ticketsauce.com
Blush Ice Bar + East-West Kitchen. 555 Market St., downtown.