A little bad never tasted so good. Quad AleHouse will welcome Comic-Con International with a specialty "Suicide sQUAD" cocktail lineup available exclusively from
Thursday, July 21
Sunday, July 24
. Gaslamp Tavern will also serve a commemorative Star Trek Golden Anniversary Ale in honor of the 50-year anniversary of the TV series.
Honoring the highly-anticipated Suicide Squad release in August, Quad AleHouse will introduce a gang of five signature drinks based off characters from the movie. The colorful cocktails will include:
- The Joker, made with Ketel One Citroen, Blue Curacao, cranberry, pineapple and fresh lime juice,
- Harley Quinn, made with Tanqueray Gin, maraschino cherry liqueur, crème de violette and fresh lemon juice,
- Dead Shot Old Fashioned, mixed with Bulleit Bourbon, brown sugar, Angostura bitters and cherry and apple bitters,
- El Diablo Scorched Peach Margarita, with Tequila Don Julio, white peach puree, lemon and lime juice, and scorched agave with habanero carrot puree,
- Enchantress Refresher, a heavy pour of Ketel One mixed with fresh lime juice, sliced cucumber and fresh mint.
Each cocktail will be priced at $10.
Gaslamp Tavern will also join in on the Comic-Con buzz with the introduction of a Star Trek Golden Anniversary Ale, created by Schmaltz Brewery. The specialty brew boasts five different malts and five hops and measures at roughly five percent alcohol-by-volume. The beer will be priced at $7 for Comic-Con weekend.
Gaslamp Tavern and Quad AleHouse, at 868 Fifth Avenue, are located less than one mile from the convention in the heart of San Diego's Gaslamp District.