Comic-Con 2018: ‘Aquaman’ director Tweets movie trailer reveal happening
Fans of Aquaman have been waiting with great anticipation for the movie trailer release and this month, San Diego Comic-Con International will be the time and place. Along with posting a picture of the movie’s logo, director James Wan exclaimed on Twitter announcement, “Comic-Con will be insane!!”
To prep for the big reveal, here are some fun facts about the original Aquaman comic book and actor Jason Momoa, who will play the title character in the movie, which is set to be released in full in December.
- Aquaman the superhero comes from DC Comics, with the character first appearing in 1941.
- Aquaman’s real name is Arthur Curry.
- According to DC Comics, Aquaman is king of all things aqua. “He can breathe underwater, swim at tremendous speeds, and telepathically communicate with sea life.” And on land, he has “superhuman strength, enhanced senses, and nearly impenetrable skin.”
- The scar above Jason Momoa’s left eye is the result of a raucous bar fight where he was reportedly hit in the eye with a pint glass, which resulted in 140 stiches on his face. He later told the NY Post the scar helped him transition out of his “pretty boy” image he got as a teenage model.
- Sorry, ladies, he’s taken. Momoa has been married to actress Lisa Bonet since 2007. The couple have two daughters.
- Don’t let that physique fool you. Momoa’s Instagram page (@prideofgypsies) is littered with pictures of him raising a pint — especially Guinness, which he teamed up with for his own suds called the Mano Brew (a sour).
Aquaman, from DC Comics, DC Entertainment and Warner Bros., will also star Amber Heard, Nicole Kidman, Dolph Lundgren, Patrick Wilson and Willem Dafoe.
Don’t forget to check out Aquaman on the cover of the July PACIFIC magazine.