Before many San Diegans wake up, Anthony Pascale, owner of Saiko Sushi, is likely making a trip to the docks for the catch of the day. Pascale attributes his sushi journey to being at the wrong place at the wrong time, but he ultimately found a passion in serving San Diego fresh and local Japanese cuisine.
In this episode of Dish It Up, Pascale and host Edwin Real dive into a discussion about all things sushi and sake, some of which include:
- The original Saiko being local-centric while in a notorious tourist destination
- Sake pairing well with any food, not just sushi
- Pascale's advanced certification in sake (an accolade very few have in San Diego)
- Making sake accessible and approachable for people
- A fresh and local approach to sushi-making
- Where Pascale enjoys sushi in San Diego
- The future of sushi and pushing the boundaries
Dish It Up is a collaboration between PACIFIC and Facebook group Eating and Drinking In San Diego.
Coronado: 116 Orange Ave., 619.435.0868; North Park: 2884 University Ave., 619.677.3907, saikosushisd.com